Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Save big with rebates!

Do you ever wonder how couponers get things for free just using coupons?  Well, sometimes that is possible. 

For example, right now at Meijer, they have Bestlife buttery spread on sale for $.99 and there is a coupon available for $1.00 off HERE and also in 5/16 RP and 7/11 RP.  So I took in all the coupons I could find with me, bought 5 small tubs of butter, and even gave a few coupons to others standing there.  FREE butter for a while - so glad to have an extra fridge in the garage to help me store some of these great deals and save me money!

But if you just have a small coupon, how do you get bigger things for free?  The secret?  Rebates!  Even if you have been someone who used the occasional coupon here or there, I'm guessing that rebates at almost no point crossed your mind when making purchases.  Here is an example of how I have lately collected quite a bit of personal care items for my stockpile for FREE or at least very close to it.  Now I didn't do this exact example, because I already had plenty of Olay Body Wash from other transactions before I found this rebate, but maybe this is something you can try?

Target has the smaller bottles of Olay Total Effects Body Wash for only $4.79 and there are $4 coupons available in the 6/6 PG.  Here is how it works:
 

•Buy seven (7) small bottles = $33.53
•Use seven (7) coupons (-$28.00) and then submit for the $10 rebate for buying $30 in qualifying products
•Final Cost = Only $5.53 OOP (out of pocket) = FREE + $4.47 Money Maker!


If you do not have these coupons, you still have until 9/17 to purchase $30 worth (before coupons!) of items and there are quite a few brands included in the rebate including Olay, Pantene, Venus, Covergirl, & Secret.  I'll be sure to keep my eyes posted for other ways you can use this rebate and keep you informed so you can get yourself some FREE goodies too!

No comments: